Sunday, March 25, 2012

Who Am I?

When I started this blog, I forgot to mention who I am.  I'm just doing this for myself, but in case someone else stumbles upon it, it might be a good idea to identify myself.  My name is Debra Kay Harms Budge.....Debbie for short.  I was born Debra Kay Harms to my parents, Buddy Lee Harms and Kay Elizabeth Robertson....both of whom passed away a couple of years ago in November.  I have been interested in my family history since I was 17 and joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I've been working on it off and on since then.  I joined the church May 27, 1972, so I've been working on my genealogy for a long time - - in between having and raising 8 kids.  I'm not quite done with the raising part.  I still have a 14 year old teenage boy at home - Matthew - and 1 unmarried daughter left - Rachel.  All together I have 4 girls and 4 boys in this order:  Amber Rochelle Budge Sheber, Aaron Michael Budge, David William Budge, Shiloh Kristen Budge Jorgensen, Adam Spencer Budge, Sarah Elisabeth Budge Shirley, Rachel Noelle Budge, and Matthew Carl Budge.  I have accumulated a lot of information on my family  since 1972 and, since I haven't been able to always be consistent with my research, I tend to forget what I did and why I did it in between research sessions.  Then, every time I sit down to start researching again, I have to try to 'remember' or catch up on where I was and what I was doing.  I end up bouncing around a lot...jotting notes here and there....and it's been frustrating.  I feel like I'm covering the same ground over and over.  It's like starting to read the Book of Mormon over and over.  I've read 1st Nephi a lot!  lol  I always seem to start over  at the beginning so I never get as far a I want to.  So this time I thought I'd start a research blog and write down everything I do and all the questions I have along the way.  Then, when I have to take a break for awhile, I can come back and just read the blog to catch myself up.  So.....I'm starting at the beginning again so that I can have a complete record.  I'll begin with my mother's father, Homer. Later I'll come back to my parents and here and there a little bit about my own family.

No comments:

Post a Comment